Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelloTax

Should I check the box "more than one employer" on TD1 form (I'm working both full-time and part-time jobs But this is the first time I'm filling out TD1 form)

The employer of my current part-time restaurant job never asked me to fill out TD1 form. Also, none of my previous employers asked me to fill out TD1 form.  ( but I'm sure my income is less than the total claim amount ).

However, I've recently started a new full-time job and was asked to fill out TD1 form. I'm still working part-time at the restaurant for now. For my situation, should I check the box "more than one employer ..." even when it's my very FIRST time filling out TD1 form ??

Appreciate your help and time! 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should I check the box "more than one employer" on TD1 form (I'm working both full-time and part-time jobs But this is the first time I'm filling out TD1 form)

Yes, you should check off that you have more than one employer on the TD1 form so that you are taxed in the appropriate tax bracket.  If you have more questions about the TD1, you may want to contact the Canada Revenue Agency at 1 800 959 8281.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes, you should check off that you have more than one employer on the TD1 form so that you are taxed in the appropriate tax bracket.  If you have more questions about the TD1, you may want to contact the Canada Revenue Agency at 1 800 959 8281.

HelloTax

But I have never filled out any other TD1 form for PT jobs , if I ticked the box, doesn't that mean I have claimed the tax credit on another TD1 form?? I'm still confused :((

The TD1 form states, If you have more than one employer or payer at the same time and you have already claimed personal tax credit amounts on another Form TD1 for 2019, you cannot claim them again."  It doesn't imply that you have already claimed the credits, it's just letting you know that you can't claim them twice.