Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zoew33

Turbotax won't let me upgrade

Hi there, 

I need to upgrade to either Standard or Premier, but when I click the Upgrade button, the screen, for selecting Standard or Premier, is grey and it won't let me select my upgraded form.  Why would this be? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cyclista

Hi There,

Our free product doesn't allow upgrades this year as it was designed to deliver a completely FREE experience. You will have to go on our website to purchase the product and start your return from there. To save yourself time, I suggest you print/save as PDF the information you've entered so far then re-enter it once you've purchased our product. 

Hope this helps!! Many happy returns!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Cyclista

Hi There,

Our free product doesn't allow upgrades this year as it was designed to deliver a completely FREE experience. You will have to go on our website to purchase the product and start your return from there. To save yourself time, I suggest you print/save as PDF the information you've entered so far then re-enter it once you've purchased our product. 

Hope this helps!! Many happy returns!!

Hi - I purchased the Turbo Tax Basic version ($10) from the store. Installed it and then realized I needed to upgrade. The Upgrade link from Turbo Tax basic version doesn't work either - and that is from the version that was not free. Very frustrating!

this is crazy ... i'm going back to H & R Block, too frustrating and time consuming!
Cyclista

Which version of TurboTax are you currently using?

zoew33

Its says Free at the top of the page, so i'm assuming its a free version?  I thought I had started a Standard claim...