Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdtt13

I just filed my return online; is it automatically filed with the CRA and the Province of Ontario?

I just filed my return online; is it automatically filed with the CRA and the Province of Ontario?  Or do I have to mail in the one for Ontario?

Thanks!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Karine

I just filed my return online; is it automatically filed with the CRA and the Province of Ontario?

Hi gdtt13,

Did you receive a confirmation code that your return had sucessfully been NETFILED?

If so, then yes both your CRA and Ontario returns were submitted.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Karine

Hi gdtt13,

Did you receive a confirmation code that your return had sucessfully been NETFILED?

If so, then yes both your CRA and Ontario returns were submitted.

gdtt13

Yes. And: thanks a million, Karine. 🙂

It says that you can add direct deposit to your Netfile.  I received a confirmation code but have not found a place to input it on the CRA website.  I tried to create an account on the website but I was not able to.  How am I going to be paid for my return?
Karine

Hi brianpatterson,

Direct deposit cannot be set up, changed or canceled when you file your return using CRA’s NETFILE service.

To set up, change or cancel your direct deposit information, use CRA’s My Account service at www.cra-arc.ca/myaccount. Your changes will be effective immediately, and you will be able to NETFILE your tax return. 

Alternatively, you can make changes by calling the CRA at 1-800-959-8281, through your financial institution or by mailing the enrolment form separate from your return. More information on these methods can be found at the Public Works and Services Canada website.

Finally, to set up or change your direct deposit information at the time you file your tax return, you can choose to print and mail your return.