Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marae

My wife's return is showing a $2000 pension income amount but I have no idea where that is coming from or how to get rid of it, she has no pension income.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Karine

My wife's return is showing a $2000 pension income amount but I have no idea where that is coming from or how to get rid of it, she has no pension income.

Are you refering to line 314 - Pension income amount found on the Schedule 1?

If So, the following CRA link will explain why this amount was calculated on your wifes return: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/314/lgbl-eng.html

Line 314 - Pension income amount

You may be able to claim up to $2,000 if you reported eligible pension, superannuation, or annuity payments online 115line 116, and/or line 129 of your return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Did you do pension splitting? Does she gave RIF income?
Ken20

at which line is it showing that pension income
Karine

Are you refering to line 314 - Pension income amount found on the Schedule 1?

If So, the following CRA link will explain why this amount was calculated on your wifes return: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/314/lgbl-eng.html

Line 314 - Pension income amount

You may be able to claim up to $2,000 if you reported eligible pension, superannuation, or annuity payments online 115line 116, and/or line 129 of your return.