Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I complete Schedule 10 Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction ?

I have a year end of Feb 28/17.  The Quicktax Auditor gave me a warning on Schedule 10, "The amount at Line II should be entered on Schedule 8, line 201 as the undepreciated capital cost at the beginning of the year for Class 14.1."

Quicktax picked up my ending balance from the previous year's return and entered it into Part 1 and into Part 3.  

For Line 300 ("M") in Part 1 and Line 445 ("II") in Part 3 on Schedule 10, I have the same number (say "100" for example)

The directions are pretty straightforward - specifically to enter the same number ("100") into Schedule 8, line 201 under class 14.1.

I assume that I don't need to make any changes to the info in Schedule 10 or make any changes to my Income Statement to reflect the transfer from Schedule 10 to Schedule 8.  Is this correct ?

The warning still appears in the Auditor after I make the change.  Is there something else that I need to do to clear the warning ?

4 Replies

How Did you solve this problem? I am getting the same warning message....

Have the same questions, the S10 seemed to force the unappreciated capital cost to be entered into S8. Did that with CCR rate 5% but actually the corp did not have any income and/or asset to be aquired in the past several years including 2016 and 2017.
The original balance sheet is balance with no issues before Entering amount from S10 to S8. But became unblanced after the unappreciated capital cost was entered into S8. Because the total of S8 for Capital Cost allowarance increased with the class 14.5 correspondant amount. For instances, increased from 180 to 185, which cause the AMORTIZATION OF TANGIBLE ASSET in schedule 1 and income statement increase the same. Thus the balance sheet is unbalanced any more. What should the entried to be adjusted to make the balance sheet balance again?
Can accumulated amortization of incorporation cost decrease to balance it?
Any advise will be appreciated.

Hello,

The change and addition of schedule 14.1 is new to the current module of the software as a this is a change we have programmed an auditor message to bring this change to your attention.  If the information is entered in the same way that the warning describes you need to comply sign off on the warning in order to be able to continue with Efiling.  If you wish to check the return with us please contact us at 1-866-438-8020.

Thanks !