Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanatmd

Could you please tell me what was the exchnage rate used for converting US and Euro funds in 2016?

Also I would like to know how the program calculates the other income
3 Replies

Could you please tell me what was the exchnage rate used for converting US and Euro funds in 2016?

Please use Google.  Simply type what you want into the search bar and you can get the exchange rate averages or specific dates.

sanatmd

I asked what did the turbotax program used and you asked me to look at Google. Also I asked how did the turbotax calculate other income in line 232 but there was no answer.

Sorry, you did not specify what the program calculated.  I have no idea what the program calculates.
This answer will tell what is in line 232.  Always check the "search the community" bar.
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1544171-revenue-canada-asked-for-information-about-li...

In looking at my installed version, it shows 1.24 for US.  There is no apparent option for choosing a country using Euros.  I just had an option of choosing country 2 or country 3, so in that case, you would have to do the conversion per Google. I also don't know if the program changes the conversion rates during updates.  I'm pretty sure it was closer to 1.3 for US earlier in the year.