Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kendrosm

I used Turbotax last year, and yet it seems like it's starting from the beginning. I don't see any of the previous years' taxes. I'm very concerned that my info is gone.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

I used Turbotax last year, and yet it seems like it's starting from the beginning. I don't see any of the previous years' taxes. I'm very concerned that my info is gone.

Note that if you used the free version last year, it is not eligible for prior year transfer.

Let's try this, from the account you are Signed In now :

1. click on Tools (from the black menu bar, on the top of the page)
  2. click on Return Manager from the drop-down menu
  3. click on Continue, beside Start a new return
  4. you will see a list of the prior year returns available in your account for transfer, select the return you’d like to transfer.

If you don't see that list of prior year return available for transfer, chances are, you have more than one account and you are in the wrong one... :(

You can also try this, to make sure you have the right credentials :

1. Go to TurboTax.ca
  2. Click the Sign In button on the top right
  3. Select Start or Continue my ???? (prior year) Tax Return from the drop-down
  4. Can you see your prior year return?
  • if you can, open it and make sure you did not use the free version last year

I hope this information will be useful to you.  If you need further assistance you can contact one of our support agents by phone.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

Note that if you used the free version last year, it is not eligible for prior year transfer.

Let's try this, from the account you are Signed In now :

1. click on Tools (from the black menu bar, on the top of the page)
  2. click on Return Manager from the drop-down menu
  3. click on Continue, beside Start a new return
  4. you will see a list of the prior year returns available in your account for transfer, select the return you’d like to transfer.

If you don't see that list of prior year return available for transfer, chances are, you have more than one account and you are in the wrong one... :(

You can also try this, to make sure you have the right credentials :

1. Go to TurboTax.ca
  2. Click the Sign In button on the top right
  3. Select Start or Continue my ???? (prior year) Tax Return from the drop-down
  4. Can you see your prior year return?
  • if you can, open it and make sure you did not use the free version last year

I hope this information will be useful to you.  If you need further assistance you can contact one of our support agents by phone.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

kendrosm

Thank you. Things seem to be working correctly this time.
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

Great! thank you for letting us know 🙂

Each year is stored separately. 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648026