Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use appointments with a Naturopath and cancer treatments they provided as a medical expense?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I use appointments with a Naturopath and cancer treatments they provided as a medical expense?

The costs of consultation with a naturopath would qualify as a medical expense in the provinces of Alberta, BC, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Saskatchewan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

The costs of consultation with a naturopath would qualify as a medical expense in the provinces of Alberta, BC, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Saskatchewan.

Thank you so just to confirm treatments I pay to their office would not be covered?

If you reside in any of the above provinces, then treatments paid for naturopathic services would be claimable as medical expenses.  If you live in a different province, then payments made for naturopathic services would not qualify for a medical tax credit.

Great thanks so much for your help.
davewill5

What if the treatments were made in the US can I still claim them?

You can still claim them (convert to CDN$) if you live in the above provinces.