Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income reported on my T4A slip is incorrect. Should I adjust the amount when filing my taxes or leave it so that it matches CRA's records (and correct later)?

3 Replies

Income reported on my T4A slip is incorrect. Should I adjust the amount when filing my taxes or leave it so that it matches CRA's records (and correct later)?

Have you informed the slip provider that the T4A is incorrect according to your records?

I only just discovered this, and I have to submit my taxes before I can sort this out.  My plan is to submit the incorrect (higher) amount shown on the T4A at the moment and adjust it later.

Submit using the higher amount(between the T4A and the actual amount) and yes, once you have received the amended slip, file an adjustment.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647992