Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baqi0

It's giving me an error message and not uploading my return through netfile. I've made 3 attempts already. What should I do?

Got an email saying my netfile was accepted with a confirmation number.

But the screen still prompted me an error message saying "CRA's NETFILE service is experiencing very high volumes and may not be able to accept your return right now. If you get a NETFILE error when you transmit, please try again later."

Do I need to take any further actions?

7 Replies

It's giving me an error message and not uploading my return through netfile. I've made 3 attempts already. What should I do?

Can you attach a screenshot to the email you got, in a way that obscures your personal info?

I'd like to see your NETFILE confirmation number.
tpace06

Teresa: The 'TAXI04A0' element is invalid - The value 'H7E 0C3' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://www.revenuquebec.ca/T3:codePostal' - The Pattern constraint failed.
 The 'TAXI4610' element is invalid - The value 'H7E 0C3' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://www.revenuquebec.ca/T3:codePostal' - The Pattern constraint failed.
 The 'TAXI4620' element is invalid - The value 'H7E 0C3' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://www.revenuquebec.ca/T3:codePostal' - The Pattern constraint failed.

We think that TurboTax got your return through NETFILE to the CRA on a backup submission attempt that is triggered when an unexpected NETFILE service failure occurs.

To confirm, please sign in to your return and attempt to submit to NETFILE again. TurboTax should update to reflect that your submission was successful.

We're seeing NETFILE submissions going through again now... so please give it a try.

baqi0

Yes, now that you mention this. This sounds very weird and off. The date is not correct. Has my return been filed? What should I do? Please help. Thank you.

Not to worry, the filing timestamp is GMT. As long as you have a NETFILE confirmation number, you're done for the year!
baqi0

Attempted again as per your recommendation. It says,

"We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return"

And then, it says:

"The Canada Revenue Agency's records indicate that your 2017 tax return was already received. Your confirmation number is 517C63M***. If you have not previously filed, please contact us"

Thanks. That's not exactly the behavior we were expecting but it's still a good result. The confirmation number that the CRA quotes in the error above appears to match the code you got in the email. You're all set.