Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use "TurboTax Premier Online 2018 - 1 return" for a joint return with my spouse, or should I choose another product? I have rental property, and T4 tax slips.

3 Replies

Can I use "TurboTax Premier Online 2018 - 1 return" for a joint return with my spouse, or should I choose another product? I have rental property, and T4 tax slips.

TurboTax Premier is a good choice for people with rental income and expenses.

If you choose to prepare your return with your spouse, you'll actually be preparing 2 returns at the same time. When it's time to pay, you'll be charged for Premier ($39.99) + one spouse return (which is always just $19.99).

If you're considering purchasing a prepayment code as part of an email promotion, you'll need the 2-return option.

I did purchase a prepaid premier (single return), only to realize there was another option for spousal returns right after. Would I be able to use my prepaid code, and pay for spousal return separately? Alternatively, is there a way to switch to the second option (with spousal return) and pay the difference now?

Yes, if use the code you purchased, TurboTax will take off the price of your return and just charge you the balance ($19.99). Alternatively, you could give us a call and exchange your 1-return code for a 2-return code. Here's how to reach us by phone: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013