Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come Turbotax Standard for pc has 8 returns for $34.99 and Turbotax online (for my Mac) is $15.99 per return? If I am doing 8 returns on my Mac the cost is $127.92.

9 Replies

How come Turbotax Standard for pc has 8 returns for $34.99 and Turbotax online (for my Mac) is $15.99 per return? If I am doing 8 returns on my Mac the cost is $127.92.

Do you need 8 returns? Our 'TurboTax Standard Online 8 Returns 2017' edition is about $35 and is available through our retail partners (in-store and online).

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-software/where-to-buy.jsp

mcburr92

Who are the retail partners that I would purchase from fro my Mac

Costco, Staples and Amazon all carry TurboTax Standard Online 8 returns in their online stores.

Do they sell TurboTax Standard Online 8 that works with Mac? That was the question asked but the response did not really answer the question.

Yes. TurboTax Online runs in your web browser, so it will work on Mac.

Still the same non-answer.  There is NO viable alternative offering the same solution whether using Windows or a Mac. Windows is obviously the “preferred”platform of choice for intuit. Mac is the “also-ran” solution. Poor choice to be able to import previous returns (that apparently doesn’t work online) and we Mac users are discriminated against having to pay more to do the same thing.  

We don't make a native Mac version. If you'd like to use TurboTax on your Mac, you'll need to go with one of our TurboTax online editions (which run in the browser of your choice) or install a Windows Virtual Machine on your Mac.

If you used the Windows download/CD version last year, you can import your TurboTax file into TurboTax Online for the current year. Just make sure to drop your *.TT17 file saved in your Windows computer somewhere that your Mac can access it. Transfer from prior years of TurboTax online into the current year TurboTax online is also supported.

If value is a concern, check out our 8-return offer for TurboTax online available through our retail partners.

Will you ever be creating a download version of turbo tax for Mac. I know you have the standard version for windows that includes 8 returns for $34.99. I know you can use the on line version for Mac. The first return is $19.99 and $5.00 for every return after that. This is very expensive to me. Will Turbo tax be coming out with a download version for Mac similar to the windows version"

We do have an option for 8 returns for TurboTax Online Standard edition that's one price. Here's the link to check it out: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/x/offers/turbotax-standard.jsp?src=care&cnm=care_fy18_tto_8