Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jreed75

I changed my interview question from "My martial status changed" to "No changes in 2018", yet TT insists on spouse information, and now I cannot prepare my return. Why?

3 Replies

I changed my interview question from "My martial status changed" to "No changes in 2018", yet TT insists on spouse information, and now I cannot prepare my return. Why?

In order to better answer your question, I will need to know what version of the software you are using? Download or are you directly signed into your online account?
jreed75

I am using TT through my online account. Thanks.

In testing this issue, I had no problems changing that part in the Marital Status section of the return, while ensuring I removed the dates as well from previous entries. 

You can do one of two things; but first, I will ask you to follow directives below to assist you in clearing your browser cache to help your browser connection with the software. Sometimes we forget to do this and it piles up and makes online live processes more difficult.

How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

Then proceed as follows:
  • You can attempt to reconnect to your already started return. 
  • Or delete the return in the "My Account & Returns" section, (garbage pail next to the return) and start a new one.