Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glynis

I received an annuitant contribution receipt but not sure how to report because it has very little information. Will I also receive a T-slip that has the RRSP info?

I am not sure where to enter this contribution with only an Annuitant Contribution receipt. It does not contain all the info that an RRSP slip has. Will I also receive an RRSP slip for this contribution to my RRSP account? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received an annuitant contribution receipt but not sure how to report because it has very little information. Will I also receive a T-slip that has the RRSP info?

You should receive an RRSP slip from the financial institution you deal with.

Contributing to your RRSP is applied under the RRSP tab, Eligible RRSP contributions, start from there. Everything you will need is there for you to fill out your annuity contribution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You should receive an RRSP slip from the financial institution you deal with.

Contributing to your RRSP is applied under the RRSP tab, Eligible RRSP contributions, start from there. Everything you will need is there for you to fill out your annuity contribution.

glynis

thanks so much 🙂

You are most welcome.
glynis

I just looked at the T4RSP section but isn't that for reporting RRSP income? I haven't received any income, I made a contribution.  Shouldn't I be sent a T slip for reporting an RSP slip contribution, not a T4 as if it's income?

@glynis  - I do apologize, please review the revised answer. I had misread the question.  Corrected answer is above.  Have a great evening.