Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mother is older than 65 years old. She didn't apply Old Age Pension since she didn't stay in Canada more than 183 days last year. Netfile shows warning and not filed

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My mother is older than 65 years old. She didn't apply Old Age Pension since she didn't stay in Canada more than 183 days last year. Netfile shows warning and not filed

When using TurboTax Free, answer Yes to receiving Old Age Security and enter a value of 1 cent to work around this issue.  It will have no tax consequence to you and you will be able to proceed and NETFILE your income tax return.  You will be able to NETFILE your return as of February 18th, 2019.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

When using TurboTax Free, answer Yes to receiving Old Age Security and enter a value of 1 cent to work around this issue.  It will have no tax consequence to you and you will be able to proceed and NETFILE your income tax return.  You will be able to NETFILE your return as of February 18th, 2019.

Please advise which file and box to enter 1 cent. Thanks

Please enter the amount in Box 18 of the T4A(OAS).

Hello Mary, it still did not work. I have added 1 cent in box 18