Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimpineau

I contributed $500 in RRSP's as a repayment to the home buyers plan repayment. Do I include the $500 in the regular RRSP screen and also in the Home Buyers Plan screen?"

I contributed $500 in RRSP's as a repayment to the home buyers plan repayment. Do I include the $500 in the regular RRSP screen and also in the Home Buyers Plan screen?"

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes. In the RRSP profile screen you would check off both made RRSP contributions during 2018 or first 60 days of 2019 AND Repayment or withdrawal for the Home Buyers Plan.  In the subsequent screens you would first record the amount contributed to your RRSP and then in the Home Buyers Plan profile you would check Designate an amount as a Home Buyers Plan repayment.  In the HBP screen you would designate the amount of your RRSP contribution that you want to use to repay your HBP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes. In the RRSP profile screen you would check off both made RRSP contributions during 2018 or first 60 days of 2019 AND Repayment or withdrawal for the Home Buyers Plan.  In the subsequent screens you would first record the amount contributed to your RRSP and then in the Home Buyers Plan profile you would check Designate an amount as a Home Buyers Plan repayment.  In the HBP screen you would designate the amount of your RRSP contribution that you want to use to repay your HBP.