Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahart56

Re adding income. for myself, I receive a T4A(P) but my husband is self-employed. when I highlighted T4A(P), it made both of us have it! what do I do??

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Re adding income. for myself, I receive a T4A(P) but my husband is self-employed. when I highlighted T4A(P), it made both of us have it! what do I do??

You need to make sure that when you go to Income- then T-Slips that you check off the T4A(P) under your name only.

You will need to go back to the return and make sure that you only entered it once under your name and not your husband. If you see it there under both you can delete the one under his name.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You need to make sure that when you go to Income- then T-Slips that you check off the T4A(P) under your name only.

You will need to go back to the return and make sure that you only entered it once under your name and not your husband. If you see it there under both you can delete the one under his name.

rahart56

thanks!!  this wasn't the case... I just hadn't gone along far enough to tick the box for self-employment for my husband.  this is my first time using turbotax... don't know what I'm doing 😉  but thank you just the same!  

Glad you were able to figure it out!