Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heron

I began 2017 return with turbotax but ended up using accountant as it was complex. How to proceed for 2018 so info is not automatically transferred? Uninstall 2017?.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I began 2017 return with turbotax but ended up using accountant as it was complex. How to proceed for 2018 so info is not automatically transferred? Uninstall 2017?.

You can start a New 2018 WITHOUT carrying forward the information from 2017. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You can start a New 2018 WITHOUT carrying forward the information from 2017. 

Heron

ok thanks. I assume there is an option to do this and no need to uninstall 2017.

correct. Use the easy step method and say no to using software the prior year.
Heron

Thanks!