Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to upgrade to home and business. I get message: 20 returns have to be for income over $25000 and 0 returns for under $25000. Why am I getting this message?

Everywhere I read it says you can do 12 and 8 of each, so why is this message saying all 20 have to be for over $25000?

5 Replies

Trying to upgrade to home and business. I get message: 20 returns have to be for income over $25000 and 0 returns for under $25000. Why am I getting this message?

Where are you seeing this message?

After the upgrade, when I go to open the program

If you upgrade from Standard or Premium to Home & Business then you will be able to do 12 over 25K and 8 under. Usually when you purchase 20 returns then it is 20 over 25K.

The total returns you can do on your computer is 20 returns in total.

But I don't want to do 20 returns over $25k. I just want to do one over 25 and one under 25

You can do 1 over and  1 under as long as you have never completed 20 returns on your computer this year.