Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Turbotax Standard v.01.71, where/how do i enter Banking Charges and Other Fees?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Using Turbotax Standard v.01.71, where/how do i enter Banking Charges and Other Fees?

• If you are in the EasyStep view of your downloaded TurboTax, on the left side, click on Income & Expenses > Investment Expenses > then check the box next to "Interest paid to earn xxxxxx" as shown in the screenshot.
  • If you are in the Forms view, click on the Forms Icon > type in Interest > highlight Interest Exp > click Go. Then make your entries on the screen that pops up. Screenshot attached.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

What type of income are you applying the deduction of Bank Charges/Other Fees against? (Self-employment, Rental, etc)

investment returns (interest & dividends)

• If you are in the EasyStep view of your downloaded TurboTax, on the left side, click on Income & Expenses > Investment Expenses > then check the box next to "Interest paid to earn xxxxxx" as shown in the screenshot.
  • If you are in the Forms view, click on the Forms Icon > type in Interest > highlight Interest Exp > click Go. Then make your entries on the screen that pops up. Screenshot attached.

You can use the Find (little magnifying glass) and type in "investment". Then highlight "Investment Expenses" and click Go. Put a checkmark beside which deduction best applies to you, Interest paid to earn interest, dividend and royalty incomeor  Investment management and advice (includes carrying charges), and continue to the page that applies.

You can also access this section by going to the sidebar of TurboTax, and click on Income > Investment Expenses. 

thank you.
where is the little magnifying glass?  and where is the sidebar?

Which version of TurboTax are you using? And is it installed in your computer by CD/Download, or is it Online?

Turbotax Standard v.01.71 downloaded