Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neither T3, nor T5008 don't reveal my capital losses for 2018. How can I show CRA that I had actually losses occurred in 2018?

I received Official Statement - Performance Report from my financial institution that indicates how much capital I invested and what was market value of my account between Jan 1, 2018 and Dec 31, 2018. The statement shows how much cash I actually would be able to get if I were to overdraw full amount out of my investment account in the end of  2018. But neither T3, nor T5008 don't show this, they only show money movements and proceeds of dispositions. As a result, all those numbers add up as income in my tax declaration, but realistically my investment account was down a lot by the end of 2018.

I other words, can I claim "negative changes in value" (using official statement) from 2018 under Net Capital Losses or Other Capital Losses, or anywhere else? 

3 Replies

Neither T3, nor T5008 don't reveal my capital losses for 2018. How can I show CRA that I had actually losses occurred in 2018?

Please review the link below to assist you with your capital losses.

In the online edition of TurboTax, what should I do if I have a capital loss on a T5008 slip?https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3278728

Thank you

You are most welcome!