Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shermcg

The transferred tuition amount is showing as a $0 in the Deductions Summary. Why isn't it inputting the $3100 available federal tuition amount for transfer?

This non refundable tax credit would be helpful in reducing the tax owing.  I have even tried inputting the amount manually in the "Tuition Transfer" area. Thanks
3 Replies

The transferred tuition amount is showing as a $0 in the Deductions Summary. Why isn't it inputting the $3100 available federal tuition amount for transfer?

The error you experienced has now been resolved. Please log back into your TurboTax account and navigate to the tuition transfer from a dependant and try again.

cmason

I am having the same issue this year with tuition transferred from my daughter. I have entered all the information but it is showing up as $0 in the deductions summary.

The most common reason for this is related to the Additional Dependant Information section. In the Deductions section of your return, there's a screen to input net income, etc. for your dependant. have a look at that section to ensure it has been completed accurately.