Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdratva

I continue to get the following error when using netfile Your taxable dividend does not equal your actual amount of eligible dividends multiplied by 138% plus ....

13 Replies
gingry

I continue to get the following error when using netfile Your taxable dividend does not equal your actual amount of eligible dividends multiplied by 138% plus ....

Your taxable dividend does not equal your actual amount of eligible dividends multiplied by 138% plus your actual amount of ordinary dividends multiplied by 116%, ..." I verified my R slips, they are OK. I saw similar question - no answer."

I need someone to clarify this
gingry

no kidding..  I have been waiting for an hour on the phone to get an answer
gingry

Wait time is about 3 hours 30 minutes
slynch

I kept getting the same error message. I finally figured out that I needed to go to the Relevé 16 slip (NOT in EasyStep) to delete the negative value that appeared next to "Dividend earned from January 1 to March 27." Once I did that, I was able to file online.
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

I cannot access the link. Got this error:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.

How do I get access?

Thanks,

David

That answer was from 2019, so the post may have been deleted. But here is Lynda's answer:

You should verify all Slips that apply to you by following those instructions :

Relevé 3:

Box A1 should be equal to boxes A11+A12. So if boxes A11 and A12 are at $0 and Box A1 is >0, you should make the correction

Box A2 should be equal to boxes A21+A22. So if boxes A21 and A22 are at $0 and A2 is >0, you should make the correction

Relevé 15:

Box 6A1 should be equal to boxes 6A1+6A2. So if boxes 6A1 and 6A2 are at $0 and 6A1 is >0, you should make the correction

Box 6B1 should be equal to boxes 6B1+6B2. So if boxes 6B1 and 6B2 are at $0 and 6B1 is >0, you should make the correction

Relevé 16:

Box C1 should be equal to boxes C11+C12. So if boxes C11 and C12 are at $0 and C1 is >0, you should make the correction

Box I for Taxable amount of dividends should be equal to box C1 x 1.38

Box C2 should be equal to boxes C21+C22. So if boxes C21 and C22 are at $0 and C2 is >0, you should make the correction

Box I for pour Taxable amount of ordinary dividends should be equal to box C2 x 1.16

NOTE: a common error is Box I being filled twice with the same number even if the description of both boxes are different. 

Relevé 25  :

A1 should be equal to boxes A11+A12. So if boxes A11 and A12 are at $0 and A1 is >0, you should make the correction

Box F for Taxable amount of dividends should be equal to box A1 x 1.38

A2 should be equal to boxes A21+A22. So if boxes A21 and A22 are at $0 and A2 is >0, you should make the correction

Box for Taxable amount of ordinary dividends should be equal to box A2 x 1.16

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

xdonxdon
Returning Member

In the Releve 3, screen, I don't see the A11 and A123