Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordonrd

TurboTax 2018 hung when I attempted to access my CRA Assessment and they rejected this with an error message. Is this a known problem?

The CRA message indicated that I was not authorized to access the account and download my Assessment via TurboTax until I was cleared as a representative.  This was not applicable as I was accessing my own account, not that of my wife, for whom I am already registered as a representative.

6 Replies
keisko771

TurboTax 2018 hung when I attempted to access my CRA Assessment and they rejected this with an error message. Is this a known problem?

I need a print out of my 2028 Assessment
gordonrd

I don't think that you want to wait until 2028 for that printout.  Do you mean "2018"?  If so, the assessments are available online via CRA's website.  You can also write to them for a mailed printout.

You personally need to be registered at My Account for CRA in order to use the Express Notice of Assessment feature offered by CRA for 2018.

I used this feature myself for both my own and my wife’s return.

Btw you don’t need a RepID to create and file a return for someone else.

The RepID only comes into play if you try to access tax information at CRA for a SIN other than your own.

gordonrd

Both myself and my wife are registered with CRA and I can access both MyAccount pages for information about our tax returns and assessments.  It seems that the only difference in the two accounts is that her account is accessible to her representative (me) and mine has no representative access.  The fact that TurboTax hung when trying to access my assessment leads me to believe that there is a bug in the program.

Like I  say it worked fine with me, borh my wife and I for which we each are registered for My Account, I don’t have RepID with my wife, just login as her when necessary. That is the same capability as having RePID.

Try logging into My Account with your wife’s credentials, when requested. As I say it worked fine.
gordonrd

I can access my own account by logging in as myself.  I can access my wife's account both by logging in as her or after logging in as myself and using the RepID accessibility.  The problem isn't with a direct login to the CRA account via a web browser, it is with the ability of TurboTax to access my assessment as part of the EasyStep procedures (it accessed my wife's assessment this way with no difficulty).  It seems that the program likes you, but me, not so much.  I guess that my assessment won't become accessible via browser until after the delay imposed by CRA's website.