Note: If you purchased TurboTax on CD and it won’t install, please download a copy of the software here instead.
Things you need to consider before you begin installing TurboTax
- To ensure that TurboTax is compatible with your system, review the system requirements
- Keep your TurboTax license code (formerly known as the installation key)
- Log on to Windows using an account with administrator privileges; that is, don't use guest accounts or standard user accounts. Learn how to determine your user account type in Windows
- To activate your TurboTax software, make sure you have internet access from your computer. Alternatively, you can activate TurboTax over the phone
- To ensure the TurboTax activation process over the internet goes smoothly, consider temporarily disabling all antivirus, firewall, and antispyware software