TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

What do I do if I'm missing boxes on my T5013?

SOLVEDby TurboTax78Updated 3 days ago

When filing your T5013 form in TurboTax, you may notice that some boxes appear to be missing. Typically, this is because you aren't required to report these amounts on your return. Some common examples of this may be:

• Box 040 - Will show the amount of CCA the partnership claimed on your behalf. This amount has already been deducted from the Business income in Box 116 or the Professional income in Box 120 of the T5013 slip. It's for information only and doesn’t require you to input any amounts.
  • Box 106 - Doesn't need to be entered.
  • Box 113 - For return of capital, which isn't taxable and so you don't have to report it.
  • Box 132 - You won't find entry fields for this box as it isn't necessary to enter (TurboTax automatically includes this amount based on the rest of the information contained on your T5013).
  • Box 134 - The amount that the T5013 has calculated as the Dividend tax credit on the Box 133 Dividend amounts (TurboTax automatically calculates this, so there's no need to enter any amounts here).
  • Boxes 135, 146 and 151 - These boxes can be found on one of four screens (when using the Forms view in TurboTax Desktop), to make your entries on. You can select another "page" of the T5013 from the sidebar while you are on the main page of the slip. Those using the EasyStep view or Online version of TurboTax need to scroll down to make their entries.
  • Box 210 - Will show the amount of carrying charges, near the end of the form.

A full list of all boxes available on the T5013, and their meanings, can be found here from the CRA.

More like this

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads