For low and modest-income individuals and families, seniors, and students who may require additional financial help during these times, the government has committed to the following measures:
- Waiving interest accrual on Canada Student Loans and Canada Apprentice Loans until March 31, 2023
- Enhanced EI (employment insurance) measures
- Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit (CWLB)
- Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
- Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)
- Mortgage payment deferral
Additional information can be found on the Government of Canada's Economic Response Plan website.