When CRA’S NETFILE service is open, you can submit your completed tax return to the CRA. When complete, TurboTax will display your NETFILE confirmation code.
Before you begin, complete the Review step
If you haven’t completed the Review section of your return, complete that first.
If you’re in Forms mode, switch to EasyStep mode by selecting EasyStep from the upper-left area of TurboTax.
- In the upper-right area of TurboTax, select Find.
- In the Find field, type “Review.”
- From the list of results, select Review your tax return, and then select Go.
- On the Great, you’ve entered all of your tax information step, select Start Review.
- Follow the instructions to complete your review, which is complete when you land on the you are ready to file step.
Note: On the Review: Warnings step, select Review for each item listed until they clear.
Important: If your return is not accepted by the CRA when you attempt to file, TurboTax will display an error message and/or an error code explaining why your return was not accepted. Depending on the error you receive, you may be able to resolve the error and try to submit to NETFILE again.
If you are eligible to use CRA’s NETFILE service, be sure to continue following the steps in TurboTax until you get a NETFILE confirmation number; it’s your guarantee that your return was received. Save this number for your records.