Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support
Intuit

How do I register for the CRA's My Account service?

There are multiple ways to register for the My Account service. The fastest and easiest process is described here.

It requires you to verify your identity with a CRA agent over the phone by answering questions about yourself and providing information from the last tax return you filed. The authentication process uses your financial institution’s sign-in credentials (through their sign-in page) to log you in to your My Account.

• Eligibility: If you've never filed a tax return with the CRA, you can't register for the My Account service
  • CRA Service Hours: Complete the registration process during the availability of the CRA’s telephone service agents. The agents are typically available during standard business hours (9 AM to 5 PM) from Monday to Friday. For more information, visit the Contact the CRA page
  1. Go to the CRA My Account for Individuals page
  2. Do one of the following:
    1. Choose Option 1 – Using one of our Sign-In Partners and select Sign-In Partner. On your financial institution’s sign-in page, enter the same username and password you use to sign in to your institution’s online account. If the authentication is successful, you're redirected to the CRA’s My Account page. Note: If your financial institution isn't listed, complete the below step (Option 2) instead
    2. If you don’t want to use your financial institution’s credentials for accessing My Account, choose Option 2 – Using a CRA user ID and password and select CRA register
  3. On the Validate your identity—social insurance number page, enter your SIN, then select Next
  4. On the Validate your identity—continued page, use a copy of your tax return to fill out the boxes with the requested information, and then select Next
  5. On the CRA security code notification page, on the line You can choose to receive your security code…, select email
  6. On the CRA security code notification – enter email address page, enter your email address, and then select Next
    1. If you chose Option 1 (Sign-in Partner) in Step 2, the CRA security code notification—email delivery page appears
    2. If you chose Option 2 (CRA Register) in Step 2, the Create—CRA user ID and password page appears. Follow the instructions and continue through the process. After the process is complete, the CRA security code notification – enter email delivery page appears
  7. On the CRA security code notification—email delivery page, you can take one of two different routes:
    1. Faster Route: Not available during peak season/hours. You can attempt at off-peak hours but there's no guarantee that you'll get through to a CRA agent. Try the following steps:
      • Call 1-800-959-8281
      • When you hear the menu options, press 5, then 4
      • Verify your identity by answering the agent’s questions. Refer to a copy of your tax return for any questions about amounts reported on certain lines of your return
      • Request that the agent send you the CRA security code for My Account by email
    2. Slower Route: If the CRA phone queue is full or you choose not to speak to a phone agent, try the following steps:
      • Select CRA security code to be sent by mail
      • Wait five to 10 days for a CRA letter with the security code to arrive by mail
      • After you receive the letter, go to the CRA My Account for Individuals page, log in, and then continue with the steps below
  8. Copy or note down the security code from the CRA email or letter
  9. On the CRA security code entry page, enter the security code in the box, and then select Next
  10. The Welcome to My Account page appears, with full access to all features. You’re now ready to use the CRA’s Auto-fill my return service

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v