Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I encountered the same bug/error using TurboTax Premier On-line during filing 2023 return on the last week of March 2024.  Unfortunately, information in this thread didn't help because either the advice applied to desktop version where you can access this form or TurboTax software maintenance made the bug worse since original solution. So i am posting here to tell people using on-line version not to waste time on some of the solutions. There was nowhere I could find to unclick the option for my return being affected by the capital loss 21 to 22 carryover glitch, but I saw this option selected (and hardcoded!) on the form that causes the error. BTW my return was not only unaffected based on timing of my filing last year, but i also didn't have any capital loss carryovers from 2021 to 2022. This is a blatant and vicious time wasting bug that doubled my time filing the return this year. Also, what another solution that didn't work for me was trying to go to capital loss screen and click through it. The error still appears during "check". Finally, I just had to deal with the error right there and then. I scrolled around on the hardcoded "form" that causes the error (that's where I found that TT deemed by return affected by glitch) and see that this form is internal and doesn't go to the IRS. I just plugged the amount from my Schedule D. I didn't have the same form or AMT form in any of my previous returns and just used the amount straight from the line of Schedule D of 2022 return that TT wanted. So after plugging one amount to address one "error" I kept getting two more "errors" sequentially during the "check" process on the SAME internal form and I just kept plugging the amounts from other lines of 2022 Schedule D. Finally the evil TT software was satisfied. I then had no further issues during "check" and filing.