Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I had the same problem on my Windows 10 computer. Every time I clicked START for my KY state return it popped up a dialog box to download it but I could never get into it - a vicious loop...

I spent quite a while talking to support. They told me to get another state and gave me a download that would not cost me extra. Tried that twice. Then tried uninstall and reinstall - no joy.  They said others were having the same issue and she would escalate the problem to the next level of support and I would get a call. That was Jan 31 - haven't heard back yet.

I uninstalled it and found many,  many registry entries that were not removed and several folders/files also left over. That is a lousy way to uninstall a program - it should remove all that junk!

Over the weekend I remembered that I had installed it on my old Windows 7 computer.

The update downloaded the KY State return and I was able to complete it with no problem!!

I E-filed the Federal return and saved everything in PDF format.

I'm not very pleased with TurboTax this year - I have used it with no problems since at least 2002.