BerlyH

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Tax Topic 152 is a generalized topic. It states how long it typically takes the IRS to process a return and general info about direct deposit. IT DOES NOT MEAN You need to verify identity or that your being audited. If it means anything at all, It means your refund will be direct deposited into the account you listed in approximately 21 days. 
If you’re NOT certain about what something means, Google it before stating your experience as a fact. 
To confuse matters more, Some blog/tax guru writer wrote that Tax Topic 152 means YOU ARE GETTING A TAX REFUND. So to hear this, Your return is already “approved” and waiting to be deposited. 
Ive read several comments stating that WMR never updated to say “approved” or a deposit date. But their refund was deposited into their account. After they received their refund and checked WMR again, It was still processing. 
I know from my own personal experience, I’ve NEVER checked WMR and had an “approved” and/or deposit date. I’ve always been notified that my return was deposited by the notifications associated with my bank/bank app. 
For reference, I file Head of Household and have 2 dependents.