New Member

My son is a personal trainer. Can he claim fees related to courses he has taken to upgrade his work status?

New Member

After you file

In order to claim courses as a student fee credit the program must be considered as Post Secondary (University) level or have been certified by the Minister of Employment, in both cases the program director would know this.

If not meeting the above conditions it could be claimed as an employment expense but only if the employer required the course for continuing employment and would certify this by providing form T2200 "Declaration of Conditions of Employment" an example of which I will provide a link to below.