Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 31, 2019 4:03:02 AM

How to report tax exempt foreign pension?

Part of foreign pension is taxable and part is non taxable

0 4 2173
1 Best answer
Oct 31, 2019 4:03:04 AM

Under the list of T-slips, there is a "Foreign Slip". In there you are enter the foreign pension amount (make sure it is reported in Canadian funds). There are also input boxes to indicate the portion that is exempt.

4 Replies
Oct 31, 2019 4:03:04 AM

Under the list of T-slips, there is a "Foreign Slip". In there you are enter the foreign pension amount (make sure it is reported in Canadian funds). There are also input boxes to indicate the portion that is exempt.

Returning Member
Mar 18, 2020 1:25:11 PM

Where are that boxes? My Turbotax keeps telling me that I need to fix TAX EXEMPT. I can find how!?!?!?!

"There are also input boxes to indicate the portion that is exempt."

Level 15
Mar 21, 2020 1:32:53 PM

When TurboTax asks you to FIX an issue, when you click on FIX it should bring you to where you need to fix what was entered. If you get to the page and beside the amount shows "Edit" or Delete" click on Edit so that you can verify what is wrong. 

If you still can't figure it out, please contact our customer service so that they can view your return to see what the issue might be. 

Returning Member
Apr 16, 2021 11:25:34 AM

When entering Foreign Non-Business Pension Income and taxes paid  what amount, if any,  should be being entered in the Less: area for Foreign Non -Business Tax: when your are trying to record taxes that have been paid to the foreign government?  Why is there a section with Less: as it relates to actual taxes paid?   Do you enter the ACTUAL taxes paid ONLY in the Foreign Non - Business Tax: Other income area AND/OR the Less: Tax treaty exempt amount area?