Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Apr 24, 2020 1:16:21 PM

Where do I enter self-employment expenses such as professional development or foreign exchange loss? The self-employment questionnaire doesn't have a general "other".

0 2 1383
1 Best answer
Apr 25, 2020 2:42:57 PM

You can enter the both the professional development fees and the foreign exchange loss as "Other Expenses".

The last page of the Expenses portion of the Self-Employment section in the TurboTax Self-Employed Online asks for "Other Expenses". There is only one line, so you'll need to enter the total of the expenses.

2 Replies
Apr 25, 2020 2:42:57 PM

You can enter the both the professional development fees and the foreign exchange loss as "Other Expenses".

The last page of the Expenses portion of the Self-Employment section in the TurboTax Self-Employed Online asks for "Other Expenses". There is only one line, so you'll need to enter the total of the expenses.

Level 1
Apr 25, 2020 3:49:37 PM

Thanks @TurboTaxSusan, I was going into the other expenses "guide me" and didn't find an option in there for expenses that weren't in enumerated "other" list. I guess I just enter them at the main "other" screen.