Before you begin
Before you uninstall TurboTax, create a back-up copy of your tax return.
- Locate your tax return in the folder where you saved it.
- Right-click the return file with your mouse, then select Copy.
- Right-click within the folder and select Paste.
- Move the copied file to the back-up location of your choice (such as a portable hard drive).
Instructions for uninstalling TurboTax
To uninstall the TurboTax CD/download edition, complete the following steps.
- Enter “uninstall” in the Type here to search field at the bottom-left area of your screen.
- Select Add or remove programs from the options that appear.
- Enter “TurboTax” in the Search this list field on the Apps features step.
- Select the TurboTax program you want to uninstall.
- Select Uninstall in the section associated with that TurboTax program.
- Select Uninstall in the window that appears.
A list of programs appears.
The TurboTax program has been removed from your computer.
Note: The TurboTax CD/download edition is compatible with Windows and doesn’t work on Mac computers.