Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jan 17, 2020 11:12:08 AM

I am trying to NETFILE my 2017 return or even print it off but it won't allow me to do either. It says i did not run a review but I did a few times

1 22 1603
22 Replies
Jan 17, 2020 1:50:25 PM

We have a known issue were users preparing returns for 2017 & 2018 are getting stuck in a loop at the review section.

We are currently working on the issue. However, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has shut down their NETFILE servers for maintenance. So, even when we fix the issue, NETFILE will not be available until February 24th, 2020. You’ll have the option to print your return on or before that date.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Returning Member
Jan 20, 2020 12:51:35 PM

I love that this has been an ongoing issue for months (according to posts in their own forums), and that their solution is to say "You cant really net file right now anyways" which is ignorant of the fact that there are filing options other than net file. 

What they really appear to be saying is "this is free software, feel free to try with our competitors". I would even be willing to pay if it opened the option to not waiting an indefinite amount of time for the problem to be solved. 

With no option to speak to a human, the only options are to wait or move on I guess? 

Level 13
Jan 21, 2020 1:26:37 PM

We apologize for any inconvenience.  We are aware of this issue and we are working on a fix.

Jan 23, 2020 12:45:29 PM

Hey TurboTax Susan -

Thanks for the response. Is there an estimated resolution date? I am happy to simply print and mail the 2017 return. I am at over a week now (pre NetFile being down) of this issue. If not short term, I will simply request a refund and do it manually.

Thanks,

Brendan

Jan 24, 2020 7:13:58 AM

Sorry, we haven’t gotten a fix date yet.

If you would like to request a refund, you can use this form: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-for-a-turbotax-product/00/873559

Or you can contact us by phone or social media. You can get the correct number for our phone support team by using this form: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

We are on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/intuitcanadaULC

We are on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/Intuitcanada

Please send a private/direct message if you are going to include personal information.

Level 1
Feb 24, 2020 12:03:56 PM

Not sure why this thread is marked "SOLVED"..  the bug has NOT been fixed.  

Today is February 24.. NETFILE is OPEN.. 

Feb 24, 2020 4:41:27 PM

Same. It's Feb 24 2020 and I'm trying to do mine as well and it just keeps taking me back to review. Useless that it's been an error for so long

Level 2
Feb 26, 2020 8:48:17 AM

Please offer an alternative option rather than waiting for a fix.  I just sat on the phone with support for 2 hours, with no resolution.  why is support not aware that this is an apparently common issue, and wasted both of our time trying to resolve something that can't be resolved? 

Level 2
Feb 26, 2020 9:30:00 AM

I am having the same issue. 
When will this be resolved please?
It’s a pretty urgent matter for a lot of people. 
It sounds like it’s been ongoing for a couple months. 

Level 2
Feb 26, 2020 4:28:20 PM

Really disappointed with the lack of interest in helping us all get our 2017 tax returns submitted to CRA. It’s pretty urgent considering we are all obviously very late submitting them. 

I just attempted to request a refund with the link you provided but it’s not in English. Would you kindly provide us with the link in English? 

Thank you in advance. 

Level 2
Feb 27, 2020 7:58:55 AM

I had this problem too but managed to fix it. Not sure if it will work for others. All I did was go back into my t4 and take out box 10. I know from using turbitax that this causes an error. Once I made the error and then fixed it in the review, I could netfile it.

Level 2
Feb 27, 2020 8:51:53 AM

Thanks @AverageTaxpayer but nothing has worked so I have now completed the return with another company.
I’m requesting a refund from Turbotax. 

Level 2
Feb 28, 2020 9:32:35 AM

Yes, I did the same, refund.  I was able to complete both 2017 adn 2018 returns with another provider while waiting for Turbotax support to answer my call (55 mins).  Ridiculous that I spent hours of my time trying to submit one claim.  after three calls to support (a total of 150 mins waiting on hold listening to the same jingle on repeat) and over two hours speaking with support, and no resolution.  

Level 1
Mar 2, 2020 2:23:05 PM

I paid to file but I cant file or print, it just keeps looping back to review even tho Ive gone thru it many times. Its now March and I still cant netfile or print to mail...

Level 2
Mar 2, 2020 3:38:37 PM

Get a refund and file with H&R block. Faster cheaper and better.  Don’t waste any more of your time with this product. 

Returning Member
Mar 3, 2020 11:19:03 AM

Hello, it has been nearly 2 months. Do you have an update?

Level 2
Mar 3, 2020 1:38:02 PM

They don’t seem to reply to these... I have yet to hear... suggest getting a refund as I did.

Level 2
Mar 4, 2020 12:59:43 PM

Where do I send a request for a refund? Haven’t had any luck getting in touch with anyone. 
thanks 

Level 2
Mar 4, 2020 1:45:59 PM

call the number, be patient.  It took 30 - 55 minutes every time i called.  Recommend at 9am, when they open, or maybe late in evening.  When they ask for a ticket number, just say you want to talk to someone.

Level 1
Mar 4, 2020 1:51:15 PM

It's now the beginning of March and it still isnt working...still looping at the review. I thought Turbotax was a great program but I will NOT recommend it to anyone!

Level 1
Mar 4, 2020 1:52:45 PM

It is NOT fixed or will it ever be???

Mar 9, 2020 11:33:12 AM

Has this issue been resolved?