Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 9:31:54 PM

It is March 2nd and I am still not able to netfile or print my return….it still says forms need to be updated. When is this expected to be completed

0 12 3298
12 Replies
Level 13
Oct 30, 2019 9:31:56 PM

Here’s what you need to do:

•    Upon opening your TurboTax software, select Yes when prompted to apply an update.

•    If you have prepared your return using Forms method, select Review from the options at the top and complete the Review before filing your return.

•    If you have prepared your return using the Easy-Step Interview, select Review from the left side and choose the option for CRA Tips, warnings and errors. Complete the Review before filing your return.

Oct 30, 2019 9:31:57 PM

Still not working!  Still shows that forms need to be updated and will not allow netfile or printing!

Oct 30, 2019 9:31:59 PM

I called their support and they said it will be "a few WEEKS" until the update the forms, even though they said it would be ready at the end of February. They need to keep their customers up to date!

Level 13
Oct 30, 2019 9:32:00 PM

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3769141

If you are using TurboTax Online, you may need to logout, and clear your cache, or login with a different browser.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647843

Oct 30, 2019 9:32:02 PM

So there are still locked forms.  Is there an ETA please??

Level 13
Oct 30, 2019 9:32:03 PM

For TurboTax Online they will be unlocked by the end of next week and in TurboTax CD/Download it will be  mid March.

Oct 30, 2019 9:32:05 PM

This information should be provided on your website as there appears to be many people asking the same question. The earlier posts by Turbo-Tax implied ALL the forms were unlocked, and people are senselessly trying the REVIEW process.

Oct 30, 2019 9:32:06 PM

Screw this sht, I just filed with Simpletax, I had  a good refund coming and didnt not have time for this clown show.  Loved it.  Seeeeee yaaaaaaa!

Mar 2, 2020 8:18:57 PM

All my information is correct but I’m not able to Netfile. The error claims it cannot be netfiled possibly because of errors and to fix them or wait and try again later. Everything is 100% accurate as I’ve used this program for several years and quadruple check every single field. It says I only have 5 attempts until I am locked out. Will I be able to try again after a certain amount of time if it’s a CRA issue or is that it?

Mar 3, 2020 10:24:55 AM

Same here.. locked forms.  Big inconvenience.. 30 min wait with customer services - not eta or updates provided online .. I have a standard tax return (very easy to do online) and still no communication with customers .. but they will gladly take your payment before you receive the locked forms messege

Level 15
Mar 4, 2020 12:40:42 PM

There are no locked forms, you will need to make sure that you update your software. 

Mar 7, 2020 8:33:50 AM

I have updated my software but everything is showing as locked after I downloaded my T4s from the CRA site.