If you want to file more tax returns than the number that's included in your copy of TurboTax, follow the instructions below to buy more returns.
Instructions for the TurboTax CD/download edition
- Select Help in the upper-left area of TurboTax, then select Purchase more returns. The Tax Centre step appears.
- Select Purchase More Returns. The Your Shopping Cart step appears.
- Enter the number of returns you want to buy in the Qty field.
- Check that the country and province in the Calculate taxes section towards the bottom of the screen match where you live.
- If the country and province are correct, go to the next step in these instructions. If the country or province is not correct, select the correct answer from the drop-down list, then select Update Cart.
- Select Checkout. The Checkout step appears.
- Fill out the form, then select Continue. The Checkout step refreshes and the payment information section appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the check-out process is complete.
Note: The CRA has a limit of 20 tax returns per computer or online account (click here: link) for all NETFILE-certified tax preparation software products in Canada. For example, if you installed TurboTax Standard on a computer and you've already filed the 8 returns that come with it, you can purchase up to 12 additional returns to file from that computer.
Note for the TurboTax online edition: You can file up to 20 returns per account per tax year. Here's how to add a new return in the TurboTax online edition (click here: link). You pay for a return when you're ready to file.