Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intuit

How do I print/save a copy of my tax return (Online version)?

The option to print a tax return becomes visible only after you pay for that specific tax return. After you pay, the FILE menu lists the print options available to you.

To print or save a copy of your current tax return for future reference, complete the following steps:

1. On the menu, select FILE, and then select Print Your Tax Return.
  2. On the page that appears, select the link to download a PDF copy of your return.

Tax year 2018 and prior

Sign in to the year of the tax return that you need to print, choosing from the links below:

After you sign in, TurboTax lists all of your tax returns. If you are not on this page, do the following:

• For the current tax year (2019): On the menu, select My Account Returns, and then select View all tax returns.
  • For tax year 2018 or prior: At the upper-right corner of TurboTax, select Tools, and then select Return Manager.
  • On the page that lists all the tax returns, to open the return that you want to print, select Continue. TurboTax displays the page where you left off the last time you used TurboTax.

• For the current tax year (2019): On the menu, select File, and then select Print Your Tax Return.
  • For tax year 2018 or prior: On the horizontal navigation bar across the top of your TurboTax page, select File, and then select Print Your Tax Return. The navigation bar is visible only if you completed at least the Intro (personal information) and the Profile steps.

A page appears with a link to download your tax return. Note: To print your saved tax return, open the downloaded file in a PDF viewer (for example, Adobe Reader). If you don’t have a PDF viewer installed on your computer, you can download and install Adobe Reader.

TurboTax Free

TurboTax Free for the current or previous tax year (2019 or 2018): You don’t have to pay to be able to print your tax return, but you still have to go through the payment section to get to the print option.

Related information:

How do I print a blank form in TurboTax?

How do I print a specific form in TurboTax?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in