The option to print a tax return becomes visible only after you pay for that specific tax return. After you pay, the FILE menu lists the print options available to you.
To print or save a copy of your current tax return for future reference, complete the following steps:
- On the menu, select FILE, then select Print Your Tax Return.
- On the page that appears, select the link to download a PDF copy of your return.
Tax year 2019 and prior
Sign in to the year of the tax return that you need to print, choosing from the links below:
After you sign in, TurboTax lists all of your tax returns. If you are not on this page, do the following:
- For the tax years 2019 and 2018: On the menu, select My Returns, then select View all tax returns
- For tax year 2017 or prior: At the upper-right corner of TurboTax, select Tools, and then select Return Manager.
On the page that lists all the tax returns, to open the return that you want to print, select Continue. TurboTax displays the page where you left off the last time you used TurboTax.
- For the tax years 2019 and 2018: On the left-hand side menu, select File, then select Print Your Tax Return.
- For tax year 2017 or prior (Windows Download Only): On the horizontal navigation bar across the top of your TurboTax page, select File, and then select Print Your Tax Return. The navigation bar is visible only if you completed at least the Intro (personal information) and the Profile steps. A page appears with a link to download your tax return.
Note: To print your saved tax return, open the downloaded file in a PDF viewer (for example, Adobe Reader). If you don’t have a PDF viewer installed on your computer, you can download and install Adobe Reader.
TurboTax Free for the current or previous tax years (2020, 2019 or 2018): You don’t have to pay to be able to print your tax return, but you still have to go through the payment section to get to the print option.