I'm having issues with my TurboTax Online activati...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intuit

I'm having issues with my TurboTax Online activation

TT)_ESD_EN.PNG

If you've purchased a TurboTax product, either online or through one of our retail partners, then a licence code should have been provided on a card (similar to the one above), with purchase. This code is now 16 digits (for product years 2020 and beyond), as opposed to the previous 20-digit codes from prior years. Simply follow the instructions to enter your licence code and register your software.

For products purchased online, an email will be sent to you containing your 16-digit licence code once you've completed your purchase.

activation_error.png

For TurboTax products purchased at a Costco retailer, you will receive an activation card in the box which contains your code.  It is important to note that you must scratch off the section at the bottom of the card to reveal your activation code. The code on and directly below the barcode will not work to activate your product.

If you purchased the wrong version of TurboTax software in error, or are having issues with your activation code, we're here to help!

To resolve any issues you may be experiencing  with your activation code, contact our Customer Support team..

You licence code is unique to you and the products you've purchased, and as such, only one code is allowed to be active on your account at a given time.  The software does not allow for a multi-licence experience, so if an licence is already active on your account and you try to enter a new one, you may get an error message.

To resolve any issues you may be experiencing  with your licence, contact our Customer Support team.

Related information:

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code?

What are the payment options for online editions of TurboTax?

How do I pay for my tax return in the online edition of TurboTax?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v