These instuctions apply to CD/download versions only. Forms mode is not available in TurboTax Online.
To find and open a specific form in TurboTax:
- From the View pull-down menu, select Find Form.... The Form lookup window opens.
- In the Keyword to search for field, type in the form number or the first few letters of the form name.
- In the Forms list, select the form and click OK.
You can search for any form you need by typing the activity to which the form applies. For example, typing 'farm' will show forms related to farming. This speeds up your search and is useful if you don't know the form or schedule number.
Still can't find your form? Go to the help and search for the form name or number.
How to see the forms you have open in your return
- Click the Window pull-down menu.
- The open forms in your return (and your spouse's return, if you are preparing a coupled return) are listed. A checkmark beside a form name indicates the form that is currently displayed.
- Click a form in the list to display it. If "More Windows..." appears at the bottom of the list, it means there are too many open forms to be listed here. Click More Windows... to open a secondary window that shows all open forms.
- Click the Forms button at the bottom of your return. The open forms in your return are listed. If you are preparing a spousal return, be sure to click the button next to the taxpayer whose forms you want to see. Each taxpayer's forms are shown on their own list.
- If the form you're looking for does not appear on this list, click Form Lookup... and then follow the steps outlined above.