Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Feb 20, 2023 3:23:24 AM

Filing error

Trying to file this morning.  I am getting a message "The 'DonorConsentIndicator' element is invalid - The value '0' is invalid according to its datatype 'Token' - The Enumeration constraint failed.".  Appears to be a xml issue.  Tells me to print and file, which is not what I want to do.  Help!

1 4 882
4 Replies
Returning Member
Feb 20, 2023 3:49:17 AM

Go back through the user profile part of your return 'manually'.  By that, i mean, click on each section of the profile details until you find the one where it asked you about giving your info for donor lists.  I had this error myself, but was able to file successfully once i found that and responded.  It wasn't a question that was asked when you went through the first time.

Edit:  I just went back to see specifically where to do this.  It's on the page 'Canadian Citizenship' in the MyInfo tab.  There are a series of questions there including the one about organ donation.  

Level 1
Feb 20, 2023 4:02:47 AM

thanks for this... it fixed it for me too

Returning Member
Feb 20, 2023 4:06:04 AM

Yay!  🙂  I'm sure they'll have to put a fix in for this, since it looks like a bunch of us early birds are having issues 🙂 

Level 15
Feb 20, 2023 8:43:59 AM

This issue will be fixed shortly- for now you can  go to "My Info" click on (Name) Canadian Citizenship and make sure that you answer the questions " Do you authorize the CRA to share your name and email address with the Government of Nunavut to contact you about organ and tissue donation, and to maintain the organ and tissue Donor Registry?

This happened to those who transferred from last year.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.