Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Mar 18, 2020 12:29:15 AM

Production Registration Error

I encountered the following error when I did my TurboTax 2019 Standard version product registeration:

We're sorry, we have encountered an unforseen error.
Failed to connect to database.
Please try again later.

How can I solve it and complete the product register?

If production registration is not completed, will it affect the CRA Netfile?

Thanks.

0 37 4755
1 Best answer
Level 1
Mar 20, 2020 7:35:28 AM

Talked to support, know issue but no solution at this time. HOPE they working on that issue so we can do our tax report , especially since we have to stay home (virus)

24 Replies
Level 1
Mar 19, 2020 11:05:34 AM

Message says Failed to connect to database  Please try again later.

Intuit please reply ...

Mar 19, 2020 11:17:23 AM

We're sorry, we have encountered an unforseen error.
Failed to connect to database.
Please try again later.

How can I solve it and complete the product register?

If production registration is not completed, will it affect the CRA Netfile?

Level 1
Mar 20, 2020 7:35:28 AM

Talked to support, know issue but no solution at this time. HOPE they working on that issue so we can do our tax report , especially since we have to stay home (virus)

Mar 20, 2020 9:54:36 AM

Failed to connect to database. What is going on? What Can I do..its not on my end cause I can access everything else on the internet. Please help. Thanks

Level 1
Mar 20, 2020 10:01:18 AM

Thanks for your help to talk to tech support.

Level 1
Mar 20, 2020 12:50:42 PM

Hi,

I called support and they did the registration manually.  They are having internal problems getting at their customer registration database from their front end.  I had to wait on the line for about 10 minutes.

Level 1
Mar 20, 2020 12:53:57 PM

Thanks for your tips.

Mar 20, 2020 1:02:30 PM

What is the tech support number so that I can register my product online?

Level 15
Mar 20, 2020 1:40:14 PM

You will be able to register your product online at a later date- for now, you can either skip the step or contact our customer service 

Level 1
Mar 20, 2020 1:54:32 PM

thanks for letting me know.

Returning Member
Mar 21, 2020 12:16:29 PM

Hi, does not being able to register affect one's ability to NetFile? Thanks

Mar 21, 2020 12:18:26 PM

Yes it does.  I'm on the phone with their Support People now trying to register manually.  It took about 45 minutes in total.  15 minutes hold and 30 minutes to show the person via remote connection software what was happening and get the software registered manually.

Mar 21, 2020 3:58:05 PM

@Laiyee8 Registration is completely optional, and it is not necessary to register your copy of TurboTax to be able to use it. You can still complete and submit your tax returns to the CRA (by NETFILE or by mail), without ever registering your TurboTax CD/download edition.

@thepugs I'm not sure of the details of your issue, but registration is NOT required to use TurboTax CD/Download or to NETFILE. You may be confusing registration with activation. You do need to activate TurboTax CD/Download to use it.

Returning Member
Mar 22, 2020 8:38:45 AM

Hi @TurboTaxSusan, thank you for your insight. The pop up that asks you to register the product when you open Turbo Tax states that you need to register in order to be able to access Netfile. So, is this not the case? I can still Netfile without successfully registering the product?

Returning Member
Mar 22, 2020 8:40:29 AM

Hi @thepugs , once you got your product registered manually, do you still get the pop up asking you to register your product when you open TurboTax? Thanks

Mar 22, 2020 2:44:31 PM

@Laiyee8 I think the wording on the registration pop-up is left over from a time when you did have to register to be able to get updates. However, this hasn't been the case for several years now. You'll be able to get automatic updates even if you don't register. This includes the update that enables NETFILE when the CRA starts accepting returns.

Returning Member
Mar 23, 2020 4:50:28 AM

I purchased Turbo Tax 2019 but it fails to register.

It says "unforeseen error"/"Try later".

What should we do?

And will it affect retrieving the information from previous years and the transmitting to the CRA?

Level 1
Mar 23, 2020 8:07:46 PM

I have the same issue. Any resolution yet?

Level 1
Mar 26, 2020 9:12:43 AM

Is there someone from Intuit working on this problem ??????

Whenever you open the software you have the pop-up to register !!!!

Please fix your software

Thanks

Level 15
Mar 27, 2020 7:18:23 AM

We are aware of this issue and our Production Team is working on this. Meanwhile, you can skip the "Register your product" and continue and complete your return and come back at a later date to register your software. 

Returning Member
Mar 27, 2020 11:50:14 AM

However, am I correct in assuming that because we are unable to register our product, we will not be receiving updates as to the status of our filings?  That would be EXTREMELY annoying....

Level 1
Mar 29, 2020 10:40:00 AM

Good and I guess I'll soon find out if I'll be able to file online without registering but on each startup it is saying:

"Register online now to ensure that you have access to critical product updates and services including:

* Enabling CRA Netfile and MRQ Netfile online tax filing submission

* Updated tax forms

* Notification, identification and resolution of product issues

* Unlimited technical support

..."

Mar 31, 2020 6:37:37 PM

I am sorry, but where I am working we deal with cloud environments  with lots of clients. When things like this do not get fixed within the hour (maybe hours), hell breaks loose after that, clients ask for a post mortem, what happened, why did it take so long, what are you doing for this to never happen again. Failure to properly communicate results in lost faith in the ability of the company to keep the systems up, bad reputation follows and alternatives are explored, so please just fix it, this is BASIC DevOps work, I mean VERY BASIC, so this already gets me nervous, and NO I will NOT use the web version because of this.

I like the product, just do not screw it up.

Returning Member
Mar 31, 2020 8:14:53 PM

What i find amazing is that the subject of the email indicates that the problem is solved...!!!