Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 9, 2022 2:16:14 PM

refund for improper product purchased

To whom it may concern:

I recently submitted my 2021 income taxes and while doing so I was informed i couldn't use my Deluxe product! I have to purchase the Premier for this income tax i was completing. I went to the store immediately and purchased a Premier product because i actually had 5 more family members taxes to complete. upon inserting the cd i was informed that its not compatible with Mac computers. it was late and i was not going back to the store again! so i ended up paying $34.99 plus tax for each tax i was filing (5 of them!) i took the package back to Walmart for a refund and they refused to give me a refund due to the fact the box was opened!! How do i go about getting my refund for this product? i never had to use premier in the past 10 years! i tried calling but i'm sorry your customer service is pathetic! talking to Robots is not customer service.

0 2 181
2 Replies
May 9, 2022 2:26:25 PM

If you need a refund, please use the form on this FAQ to request one: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?

Returning Member
Mar 7, 2023 12:20:54 PM

Refund Request Case # [phone number removed] submitted Feb. 21, 2023. I purchased Turbo Tax Basic by mistake.

I then upgraded and purchased Turbo Tax Standard.

Please advise when I can expect my refund for Turbo Tax Basic ($25.75).

Thank You.

Everett Lew