In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?
1. From the menu across the top of your screen, select File and then choose the first option in the menu that opens.
- If you haven’t completed the Review section of your return yet, TurboTax will then guide you through a review of your return.
- If you haven’t paid for your return (or confirmed your order if you’re using TurboTax Free), TurboTax will then guide you through the Payment section. Note: Paying for your return does not file your return to the CRA. Once you’ve paid for your return, you will need to complete the steps that follow to file your return.
2. On the File step, select the NETFILE CRA button.
- If you’ve prepared a return for your spouse/partner together with yours, your returns must be filed one at a time. You’ll need to select the NETFILE CRA button for each of your returns. TurboTax will bring you back to this step to file the second return once the first return is filed.
3. In the Verification of Personal Information screen, select Yes, I certify.
4. TurboTax then transmits your return the CRA for you. When you return has been successfully received by the CRA, you will receive a NETFILE confirmation number.
Important: If when you attempt to file, your return is not accepted by the CRA, TurboTax will display an error message and/or an error code explaining why your return was not accepted. Depending on the error you receive, you may be able to resolve the error and try to submit to NETFILE again. Until you get a CRA confirmation number, you have not successfully filed.
Be sure to continue following the steps in TurboTax until you get a NETFILE confirmation number; it’s your guarantee that your return was received. Save this number for your records.
- How do I find my NETFILE confirmation number?
- How do I know if my return was received by the CRA?
- How do I know if my return was received by Revenu Québec?
- How can I check on the status of my tax return?
- In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment or activation code?
- Why am I being asked to pay twice for my return in the online edition of TurboTax?