Being a parent during the COVID-19 pandemic has certainly come with its fair share of challenges. At TurboTax, we're here to help.
By simplifying the process in our products, we've made claiming child care expenses easier than ever before. Simply watch the video above to be guided through the process of claiming your COVID-related child care expenses, or follow along with our step-by-step guide below.
If you haven’t already completed filling out your personal information and reported income, make sure you do so before beginning this process.
- Skip ahead to the Child Care Expenses section by selecting Find (or the magnifying glass icon) from the TurboTax menu
- Enter child in the search bar. Select Child Care Expenses from the list of results, then Go
- Select Yes if asked Did you pay for child care?
- On the Child Care Receipt Summary step, select Enter New Receipt
- Fill out the required information, then select Done with Receipt
- You'll be returned to the Child Care Receipt Summary step, where you can enter any additional receipts for your dependent. Otherwise, select Done