To claim amounts such as meals and lodging as a transport employee, you should first determine your eligibility by visiting the Transportation employees deduction page . If you're required to transport goods as part of your employment, you may also be able to claim travel and other expenses as part of your tax return. For more information, visit the Meal expenses of long-haul truck drivers page.
TurboTax Desktop BasicTurboTax Desktop BusinessTurboTax Desktop Home and BusinessTurboTax Desktop PremierTurboTax Desktop StandardTurboTax Mobile Apps FreeTurboTax Mobile Apps Home and BusinessTurboTax Mobile Apps PremierTurboTax Mobile Apps Self-employedTurboTax Mobile Apps StandardTurboTax Online FreeTurboTax Online Home and BusinessTurboTax Online PremierTurboTax Online Self-employedTurboTax Online Standard
Where do I claim meal, lodging, and employment expenses as a transport employee?
SOLVED•by TurboTax•15•Updated February 03, 2022
More like this
- Where do I enter my public transit pass amounts?by TurboTax•7•Updated January 28, 2022
- Where do I enter my public transit pass amounts?by TurboTax•88•Updated January 28, 2022
- What's attendant care and what can I claim in TurboTax?by TurboTax•17•Updated April 28, 2022
- How do I claim the Ontario Jobs Training Tax Credit?by TurboTax•17•Updated February 16, 2022
- Ride-share drivers: Tax Information Centreby TurboTax•5•Updated March 11, 2022