Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GillesG

2022 Re-Assessment

I prepared my wife's 2022 tax return using the desktop TurboTax software.  Once completed I double and triple check the information entered to make sure it was according to info slips received.  I file the return via NetFile and everything was OK.  My wife received her refund.  On October 5 received a re-assessment notice from CRA that indicated that she had a balance of nearly the same amt. of the refund.  The total tax deducted per info  slips was overstated by exactly $1,800.00.  I check several times her return to identify the error I might have done.  All the info I entered was accurate and match what CRA indicated on the re-assessment notice.  There was one exception.  The total tax deducted indicated by TurboTax software was $1,800.00 overstated.   My conclusion was that the software, somehow, seem to have added an extra tax deduction of $1,800.00 which is the amt. deducted on her CPP and  OAS info. slips.  Can you assist me with this issue?  Now I have to return the refund plus interest of $77.04.  

2 Replies

2022 Re-Assessment

If you verified everything you had entered in TurboTax against what was on your Notice of Assessment and you see an issue please submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% calculation guarantee.

How do I submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate, Expert Approved Guarantee?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

GillesG

2022 Re-Assessment

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I received your reply.  I read the instructions on how to submit a claim for the interest charged by CRA.  I purchased my TurboTax software by download.  So, according to instructions I have to contact customer service.  I will contact them tomorrow Monday the 30th.