Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else have an issue with TPG (they are the company that actually deposits tax returns)? They made a mistake entering my bank account info so I was mailed a check

My account information was entered correctly on my taxes because I got my state taxes deposited. However my bank rejected my federal taxes due to an invalid account number. So it had to be an error on the part of TPG. Now I have to wait weeks for a check that I have no way to cash which is why I wanted a direct deposit onto my payroll card. The worst part is they cannot do anything about it. After the fiasco with the stimulus and this, I do not think I will any longer use TurboTax after 9 years of doing so.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

Anyone else have an issue with TPG (they are the company that actually deposits tax returns)? They made a mistake entering my bank account info so I was mailed a check

Go back to your TT filing and check the bank account info you entered in the File tab.  That's what TPG would have automatically used.  In some states, some large banks (a noted one being Bank of America) use a different routing number for ACH electronic deposits than they do from the one printed on paper checks.  

Or did your bank reject it because the names didn't match?  Is it your account, or someone else's?  You can avoid this next year (and save the extra charge) by paying the TT fees up front with a debit or credit card.

Maybe ask the bank if they know why they rejected the federal deposit since they got the state deposit.  

It is the correct bank account number. Again, I received state taxes by direct deposit and they were filed together. The name on the account is my wife's and we filed jointly. Lastly, it's the same account that we had it deposited into last year with no issue. The bank said no deposit was tried but TPG said that the account number was wrong so it was rejected. Idk what went wrong but I know I didn't do it. It just sucks because I did everything right and now have to wait for the snail mail to get our check here.

They said that no deposit was attempted. TPG says that it was rejected due to a wrong account number but that's not possible unless someone changed what I entered. 

Pretty much a they said, they said. The bank says nothing they did wrong and TPG says nothing that they did. Well someone did it and we are the ones that have to suffer for it. 

And here's my biggest issue. We have gotten the last two stimulus in this EXACT same account. Nothing has changed! So now what will happen with the next stimulus? Will it be mailed because of this screwup?

The same thing happened to me. I printed out my return my bank information was correct. TPG charged me 30.00 to issue cashier check. Why am I charged for their mistake? I will never use Turbotax again.

• It's not your fault. It's Turbo Tax and TPG. Neither one will take responsibility.

Why are we paying Turbotax for direct deposit when TPG, doesn't get it right? I called TPG and they could not or would not provide an explanation. It's an error on their end.

Unfortunately, since the IRS is actually distributing the funds and TurboTax is not a bank, we are unable to see when they are deposited and cannot send you a notification.  IRS encourages taxpayers to check IRS Get My Payment to determine the status of their Stimulus payments.  Payment files went out this week.  For the latest updates from the IRS, keep checking this article: How will the third stimulus impact me?

@Dpetty1960

nunamenu1

Same exact issue with mine. They say it was rejected but there is no record of an attempt. They are sending a check. I didnt want a check

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

There is no way to fix this at this point.  If you refuse the check or return to the sender there is a chance that it will still not be direct deposited.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Emr2015
Returning Member

I'm going threw the same thing. Never again

CLE216
Returning Member

I just learned that mine was rejected but it was due to the account closing in the elongated period of time between when the refund should have been posted and when it actually was posted due to the IRS lateness 

What has been the check processing time does anyone know how quickly do they get you to check??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies